Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where is the summer going??!!
Why does it always seem like it takes forever for summer to arrive and then it is almost half over before you know what happened. July 4th is next week, how did that happen? To me that is always the halfway point. The Lake is like the final fun thing and then it is back to school!
We have been staying busy, of course, what family hasn't been during summer. Garrett's ball season is almost over, two games this week and the last game on Monday. Dustin has had optional football practices two days a week, we have been only making one because of the baseball schedule.
Dustin will be getting braces soon. We went today for the consultation, he had impressions made, he did not like that at all. We go back in July for to find exactly what he is going to be getting done.
Alan is finally done with the tractors for the most part. The fuel pump on Dustin's went out after the first pull so that will have to be replaced but at least he is home every night now.
I haven't been doing any crafting, which I think is a bad thing. My fall shows tend to sneak up on and me. I am in a reading mode right now and would rather read then do much of anything else.
I better close for now, the storms that hit Columbia a little while ago are now here. Lots of lightning and thunder, hopefully most of the rain will miss us. We have had enough for a few days.
Until next time, thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Dustin,
Alicia and Alex both have had braces, so hang in there. After all the pain you will have beautiful teeth or should I say handsome teeth?

I really can comprehend the statement "the older you get, the years just fly by".

We can't wait for the lake this year!!!! Love to you all!!!!

Come on in and sit a spell...

I think I can

This is all new to me, I am not great with a computer but my family has inspired me with their blogs to try one of my own. I will warn you, I will probably not post things daily but I will definately try to hit the highlights of our country life!! Wish me luck and hang on for the ride!!