Saturday, June 7, 2008





Finally I am updating my blog. As you can see, I haven't exactly gotten the whole picture thing down yet. Anyway, to update everyone on things that have been happening here in our little piece of the world. Garrett did have an awards assembly also. He received several awards, national fitness, reading circle, AR goal and he gratuated from Reading Recovery. He worked very hard this year.

In case you have not heard, I have made a career change. I am no longer working as a secretary at Montgomery County Physical Therapy. My last day there was May 30th. June 2 and 3 I was in Columbia taking a class on Property and Casualty Insurance. On Thursday I took and passed the test to get my license to be an insurance producer. I will be working for Rural Missouri Insurance Services. Their specialty is crop insurance. They have decided to open a new division, Rural Missouri Insurance Solutions. This new department will be me! I am very excited about the opportunity it will provide for myself and my family as well as being able to help other families in the process!!

The last set of pictures is from our annual Relay for Life in Warrenton. It was Friday night, June 6th and I am very pleased with how we did. It takes a lot of work but it is definately for a worthwhile cause. One of the highlights of the evening was Lisa getting to take a walk with all the cancer survivors. She is an inspiration to our whole team and a reminder of why we do this every year.

Our summer is already in full swing. Garrett is well into his ball season. Dustin has a job this summer painting about a mile of fence for the neighbor. Alan has been working like crazy trying to finish up Dustin's new pulling tractor, Malfunction, so that both boys will be able to pull at their first pull next Satuday night in Salisbury. Dustin will also finally be a teenager next Sunday.

Lots going on here, hopefully I will be better at keeping everyone up to date!!! Until next time, take care and enjoy your summer!!

No comments:

Come on in and sit a spell...

I think I can

This is all new to me, I am not great with a computer but my family has inspired me with their blogs to try one of my own. I will warn you, I will probably not post things daily but I will definately try to hit the highlights of our country life!! Wish me luck and hang on for the ride!!