Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We have had another exciting weekend ... our first garden tractor pull of the year. Garrett is getting hooked to the sled with some last minute instructions from Dad. He did great, I think he smiled the whole way down the track. He came in 9th place. This is the tractor Dustin pulled last year, we changed the name from Mr. Green Jeans to 2 Horse Down because it is only an 8 horse motor and the other tractors in this class are 10 horse.
Dustin was up next on his new tractor. He pulled in a different class than last year. He now pulls in the 1050 class. He finished in 13th place with very little assistance from Dad. Dustin enjoys tractor pulling almost as much as football. For those of you who don't know, this is the body of the Cub Cadet we got from the Centralia Hasekamps. Alan has been working like a mad man building it right up to the last minute. Dustin has named this tractor Malfunction, although we all hope that never happens!!!
Finally, on Sunday, Dustin became a teenager. We had a small get together with a huge Subway sandwhich and a Happy Birthday cookie courtesy of Aunt Sara. We gave him a digital camera and he is taking lots of pictures now.

4 comments:

A family of 4 said...

Great driving boys! Happy Birthday Dustin!

ANGIE..... said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUSTIN!!!

AND

WAY TO GO IN YOUR TRACTOR PULLS TO BOTH OF THE BOYS!!!!

LOVE,
MARK, ANGIE AND TYLER

Lisa said...

Happy 13th birthday Dustin!!! Finally a teenager.

Good luck to both of you boys on your pulls.

Love to you all,
Lisa

KH said...

I would have to confirm it with David, but one of those Cub's was Aunt Wee Wee's and all the Hasekamps know who she was. I am LMAO thinking of her 'pulling' Great pics so glad you all could use the 'family heirlooms' Can't wait to see you at Centralia!
Hugs~KH

Come on in and sit a spell...

I think I can

This is all new to me, I am not great with a computer but my family has inspired me with their blogs to try one of my own. I will warn you, I will probably not post things daily but I will definately try to hit the highlights of our country life!! Wish me luck and hang on for the ride!!